What You Need to Know About Your First Visit
You will experience a warm greeting and a warm environment with a caring and professional team that is dedicated to helping you live a happier, healthier, more vibrant life! You will be examined by an experienced chiropractic doctor with over 25 years’ experience. Our procedures blend science and art seamlessly. We are up to date with the latest technology and we utilize advanced diagnostic and adjusting techniques. Specifically, we utilize instrument adjusting (Activator and VF Adjuster/Pro Adjuster) as well as manual adjusting procedures (Thompson Drop Table and Toggle). The main two systems of analysis used by this office are the Pierce Results System and Chiropractic Biophysics.
What You Can Expect on Your First Visit
- A warm greeting and caring environment
- A thorough consultation to understand your history and current concerns
- A complete chiropractic examination which MAY include the following:
- Palpating the spine
- When the spine misaligns it can cause muscle tightness and spasms.
- It is also helpful for the doctor to feel where the spine is out of alignment and not moving properly.
- Range of Motion
- The spine is designed to move fluently and without restriction. When the spine misaligns the ability of the spine to move easily is compromised and will show up in restricted and sometimes painful motion.
- Posture Analysis
- Posture is the window into the spine. Assessing posture allows the doctor to get a glimpse of how the spine may have shifted from its normal position.
- Thermographic Nerve Study
- Misalignments in the spine can impact the ability of the nervous system to transmit vital information that keeps all your body systems functioning properly.
- This study assesses whether or not your nervous system is functioning within normal limits or not.
- X-ray Study (if necessary)
- There are many concerns that cannot be picked up by any other test besides x-ray. There are many reasons why we may not x-ray a patient (children, pregnancy, etc), but x-ray will often give the doctor important information that he needs to give you the most precise and effective care possible.
- Palpating the spine
- You will immediately be scheduled to review the results of these tests and receive your first chiropractic adjustment.